Leonard V. Retter
Leonard V. Retter represents a wide variety of employers, insurance carriers, and third-party administrators in workers’ compensation matters throughout California. He has litigated cases virtually before every Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board in California, and has experience filing appeals, leading depositions, taking expert cross-examinations, and conducting settlement negotiations. Leonard draws on extensive experience litigating all aspects of worker’s compensation claims at one of the largest firms in Southern California. His background includes litigating complex employment matters involving discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination.
In law school, Leonard served as a legal extern with the Hon. Judge Stuart M. Rice of the Los Angeles Superior Court and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), where he handled a variety of complex civil and securities litigation matters.
Honors & Awards
Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2021
- Southwestern Law School, J.D., 2014
- LexisNexis Research Certification
- Thomas Reuters Westlaw Research Certification
- Wiley W. Manuel Award
- College of William and Mary, B.A., 2011
- American Bar Association
- South Bay Inns of Court
Publications & Events
- “California Temporary Disability: Understanding Average and Not-So-Average Weekly Wages,” GS Webinar Series, August 18, 2021