Mitra Karimi has more than 13 years of experience representing self-insured employers, insurance carriers, and third-party administrators in litigation before the California Workers’ Compensation Board and other venues. She has extensive experience providing counsel to clients on a wide range of complex workers’ compensation and employment matters and coordinating effective and innovative litigation strategies. She draws on a background defending employers and corporations in wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, and wage and hour violations.
Prior to entering private practice, Mitra gained experience as in-house counsel at Khani Enterprises, where she presented witnesses and evidence at trials, judicial and administrative hearings, arbitrations and alternative dispute resolutions. She began her career as a law clerk with the District Attorney’s Office in Ventura County.
- Abraham Lincoln School of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of California, B.A., 1998
- Los Angeles Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
Trainings and Certifications
- Workers’ Compensation Legal Specialist Training
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
- Goodwill Industries