Jennifer L. Rediehs
Jennifer L. Rediehs concentrates her practice in the defense of products. She works on a variety of complex cases. She handles hundreds of product-liability matters, including allegations of defect leading to fires, personal injury, and property damage. She serves as a national counsel for a prominent consumer-product manufacturer. Jennifer also handles litigation involving personal injury and property damage in premises and construction matters. She defends retailers, property owners and operators, and various professionals, such as architects and engineers. Jennifer has obtained summary judgment in many cases. She prides herself on the efficient defense of her clients and works to achieve the early resolution of matters in a cost effective manner.
Jennifer has defended retailers and fitness organizations against various premises issues, achieving summary judgment multiple times. Her successes include defending a judgment on appeal to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2011
- Moot Court competitions participant, advancing multiple rounds in the school-wide Herzog Moot Court Competition; scholarship athlete, women’s volleyball
- Eastern Illinois University, B.A., 2004
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Council; Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
Publications & Events
- “When a Defective Product Becomes a Retailer’s Problem: Indemnification Agreements and Available Defenses” (Co-Author), Inside Counsel, September 29, 2014
- Co-Presenter, “Product Liability Claims: Protecting and Defending the Retailer Against Supply Chain Risks,” Webinar, Commercial Law Web Advisor, January 21, 2015
- Co-Author, “When a Defective Product Becomes a Retailer’s Problem: Indemnification Agreements and Available Defenses,” Inside Counsel, September 29, 2014
- “The Attorney at the Scene Exam” (Co-Presenter), GS Product Liability Law, February 6, 2019
- “Product Liability Claims: Protecting and Defending the Retailer Against Supply Chain Risks” (Co-Presenter), Commercial Law Web Advisor, January 21, 2015