Jennifer L. Rediehs
Jennifer L. Rediehs concentrates her practice on defending manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in product-liability litigation, including matters involving fire and explosions, personal injuries, product labeling and warnings, and other issues arising with the use of products. Jennifer also defends property owners and operators against premises liability claims. Jennifer handles construction and professional liability matters and has successfully defended general contractors, subcontractors, and various design professionals in litigations involving personal injury, property damage, and construction defects.
Jennifer has defended retailers and fitness organizations against various premises issues, achieving summary judgment multiple times. Her successes include defending a judgment on appeal to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jennifer represents a wide variety of clients including property owners and operators, architects, engineers, and various professionals in product-liability matters. She serves as a national counsel for a prominent consumer-product manufacturer.
Jennifer handles litigation involving personal injury and property damage in premises and construction matters. She prides herself on the efficient defense of her clients and works to achieve the early resolution of matters in a cost effective manner.
Honors & Awards
Illinois Super Lawyers, Rising Stars: Product Liability Defense, 2020
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2011
- Moot Court competitions participant, advancing multiple rounds in the school-wide Herzog Moot Court Competition; scholarship athlete, women’s volleyball
- Eastern Illinois University, B.A., 2004
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Council
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
Publications & Events
- “When a Defective Product Becomes a Retailer’s Problem: Indemnification Agreements and Available Defenses” (Co-Author), Inside Counsel, September 29, 2014
- Co-Presenter, “Product Liability Claims: Protecting and Defending the Retailer Against Supply Chain Risks,” Webinar, Commercial Law Web Advisor, January 21, 2015
- Co-Author, “When a Defective Product Becomes a Retailer’s Problem: Indemnification Agreements and Available Defenses,” Inside Counsel, September 29, 2014
- “The Attorney at the Scene Exam” (Co-Presenter), GS Product Liability Law, February 6, 2019
- “Product Liability Claims: Protecting and Defending the Retailer Against Supply Chain Risks” (Co-Presenter), Commercial Law Web Advisor, January 21, 2015
September 13, 2019
September 29, 2014
January 23, 2014