Jennifer L. Rediehs concentrates her practice on defending manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in product liability litigation, including matters involving fire and explosions, personal injuries, product labeling and warnings, and other issues arising with the use of products. Jennifer serves as national coordinating counsel for multiple product distributors. Jennifer defends product manufacturers and distributors in state and national class actions involving claims of consumer fraud, breach of warranty, and product liability. She also defends property owners and operators against premises liability claims. Jennifer handles construction and professional liability matters, and has successfully defended general contractors, subcontractors, architects, and other design professionals in litigations involving personal injury, property damage, and construction defects.
Jennifer has defended retailers and fitness organizations against various premises issues, achieving summary judgment multiple times. Her successes include several summary judgment grants and successfully defending a judgment on appeal to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jennifer represents a wide variety of clients including manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in product liability matters. She serves as national counsel for multiple consumer products distributors.
Jennifer represents a wide variety of clients including property owners and operators, architects, engineers and other professionals in premise liability matters. In addition, Jennifer represents insurance companies and corporations in the defense of auto-accident cases, including catastrophic loss and trucking matters. She also handles litigation involving personal injury and property damage in construction matters. Jennifer prides herself on the efficient defense of her clients and works to achieve the easy resolution of matters in a cost effective manner.
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch
- Construction Law, 2023-24
- Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2023-24
- Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2023-24
Illinois Super Lawyers, Rising Stars: Product Liability Defense, 2020-21
- Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Moot Court Competition
- Herzog Moot Court Competition
- Scholarship Athlete, Women’s Volleyball
- Eastern Illinois University, B.A., 2004
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Council
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
News & Knowledge
Publications & Events
- “The Importance of NFPA 921 in Fire Litigation,” American Bar Association Products Liability Litigation, August 4, 2020
- “When a Defective Product Becomes a Retailer’s Problem: Indemnification Agreements and Available Defenses” (Co-Author), Inside Counsel, September 29, 2014
- “Under Pressure – How Using Biomechanical Evidence Can Assist in Defending Pressure Cooker Claims,” DRI Fire Science and Litigation Seminar, August 18, 2023
- “The Attorney at the Scene Exam” (Co-Presenter), GS Product Liability Law Webinar, February 6, 2019
- “Product Liability Claims: Protecting and Defending the Retailer Against Supply Chain Risks” (Co-Presenter), Commercial Law Web Advisor, January 21, 2015
October 6, 2023
August 8, 2023