Goldberg Segalla’s nationwide Transportation practice group is a full-service legal team focused on all aspects of the trucking, transportation, and logistics industries.
Working across offices and legal disciplines, we provide transportation-focused companies with counsel and representation to keep their business rolling—from prompt investigation and aggressive defense of a catastrophic injury case, worker’s compensation claim, or discrimination lawsuit, to proactive advice on business transactions, employment concerns, insurance coverage, or regulatory issues.
Transportation companies no longer need to wrangle a discordant array of lawyers and law firms to handle every discrete matter or question that comes up. We offer greater efficiency, seamless service, and streamlined communications through a multidisciplinary team optimized to help you minimize risk, maximize results, and reduce legal spending—all accessible via one call to a trusted point of contact who knows and understands your operations, your goals, your people, and your philosophy.
We work with clients in transportation-industry sectors such as:
- Trucking and Logistics
- Transportation Network Companies
- Rental Vehicles and Machinery
- Heavy Equipment and Specialty Vehicles
- Car/Truck/Bus/Motorcycle Manufacturers
- Courier/Delivery Services
Through our nationwide office network, our 24/7 Emergency Response team and Investigations Counsel are always on call and equipped to handle issues and claims wherever and whenever they arise. We know the federal and state regulations you operate under, the interplay between lease agreements and insurance policies, and the practical impacts of legal outcomes on your bottom line.
Goldberg Segalla’s Transportation practice group fields a national team of some of the most highly experienced counsel in the industry including:
- Well-travelled lawyers who have decades of hands-on experience advising trucking and logistics companies on everything from monitoring parts and inventory, to accident response and investigations, to handling operations and sales
- Two committee members of the Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
- Two members of the steering committee of the national DRI Trucking Law Committee
- A member of the North Carolina Trucking Association Board of Directors
- Members of the Automotive Liability Litigation Defense Group (ALLDG), Truckload Carriers Association, Women in Trucking, the New Jersey Motor Truck Association, Trucking Association of New York, Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association (PMTA), and other major organizations
- A former regional counsel for a multinational trucking and logistics company
- Past participation in the TIDA Judicial Fairness Committee, NCTA Annual Call on Washington, NCTA Legislative Committee and TCA Annual Call on Washington
Goldberg Segalla’s Transportation Group attorneys have decades of trial and appellate experience defending the transportation industry and hold leadership roles within national organizations including:
- Fellows in the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) who have served as faculty members (and in one case, a dean) of its Trial College
- Graduates and former faculty of the prestigious Trial Academy run by the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Fellows in the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Attorneys recognized by the American Academy of Trial Attorneys as among the best and most experienced practitioners in the jurisdictions where they practice
Much more than a last line of defense, our appellate attorneys are key partners from the initial stages of litigation, bringing a unique skill set, trial assistance, formidable writing talents, and a global perspective to every matter across our entire national footprint.
Our coast-to-coast rapid response efforts are led and coordinated by Goldberg Segalla’s National Investigations Counsel A.J. Holl, utilizing the comprehensive accident response protocols developed by our team. A 17-year veteran of the FBI with 25 years of combined investigative and legal experience, A.J. deploys to critical incidents and catastrophic accident scenes to provide timely and crucial information to key stakeholders. He ensures necessary investigative and expert resources are engaged, that key witnesses are identified, critical evidence and documents are preserved, and the right steps are taken at the right time—when every second counts. And when continued investigative action is required through the aftermath, A.J. provides guidance and regular updates to the client, allowing the trial team to focus on strategy and defense.
When an accident occurs, time is of the essence. We get investigators to the scene quickly to build the best possible defense. Our clients can reach our partners at any hour, any day of the year. We arrive on scene with a comprehensive and meticulously prepared Truck Trauma Kit, and an investigations manual with protocols for every aspect of the effort. We act immediately and manage the first response to any accident, including:
- Developing contacts with the police agencies involved
- Getting photographers and accident reconstruction experts to the scene
- Obtaining witness statements before they can be corrupted by the passage of time or the influence of other investigators
- Securing the client’s vehicle as soon as it is released from police impound
- Beginning the process of building a defense to a potential claim right away, before skid marks fade, evidence is moved, or witnesses cannot be located
We understand a truck crash in no way parallels a car accident. Motor carriers, their insurers, and their attorneys must contend with a myriad of federal and state regulations, and analyze troves of data from ever-evolving onboard technologies. Small details add up and evidence capture starts in the immediate aftermath of an accident.
Accident scenes are inherently fluid, and evidence can change or disappear quickly—witnesses leave, memories fade, vehicles are moved, debris is discarded, road marks vanish, and electronic data is overwritten. To minimize post-accident chaos for our clients, our dedicated professionals leverage standardized investigation protocols with clearly defined tasks and responsibilities.
Clients rely on our steady guidance and complete situational control from the minute we answer their call. We understand the first hours, days, and weeks are critical, and have developed detailed protocols to ensure we collect and secure all the evidence needed to evaluate exposure and build your best defense. With Goldberg Segalla handling the rapid response to a catastrophic accident, you’ll know what to expect at every step.
When faced with litigation, you want trial-tested litigators, ready to defend against liability and damages claims. We have experience trying and winning multimillion-dollar cases involving accidents and all common causes — including claims of negligent-driver operations, maintenance, hiring, and training. We have strong relationships with leading national experts in accident reconstruction, trauma medicine, vocational rehabilitation, and other disciplines. We have strategically, and successfully, leveraged onboard electronic recording systems data, global positioning, and other technologies employed by our clients in the courtroom to help a jury understand how an accident developed and occurred.
Goldberg Segalla is recognized as a leader in product liability litigation and risk avoidance and serves as trusted defense counsel for Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 companies across the U.S. including leading manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of industrial, commercial, and consumer products. We bring that experience to our transportation clients and have a successful record in cases involving airplanes, all-terrain vehicles, automobiles, boats and personal watercraft, buses, heavy trucks, motorcycles, and forklifts and other materials-handling machinery—and their countless components.
Transportation industry clients benefit from our skilled team of insurance coverage attorneys, including leading practitioners in trucking and transportation insurance coverage. We have extensive experience with complex coverage and regulatory issues that may arise in cases involving the contractual relationship or insured status of various parties. We are well versed in property damage, uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage, excess/primary insurance obligations, permissive use, scope of employment, and the federally regulated MCS-90 endorsement.
With an Employment and Labor practice recognized as among the foremost in the nation, we help transportation clients with every aspect of the employee relationship, including hiring and termination practices, policy manuals, background checks, benefits, union grievances and collective bargaining negotiations.
Through engaged counsel and interactive training sessions, we help companies minimize risk and avoid litigation. When claims cannot be mediated, we defend employers against discrimination, wrongful termination, ADA and other claims in state and federal courts, and before government agencies.
Our workers’ compensation attorneys have successfully defended transportation clients against meritless medical and injury claims and worked collaboratively to improve clients’ overall workers’ compensation programs. With teams on the ground across our footprint, we know the intricacies involved in navigating each state’s Workers’ Compensation Board claims and unique hearing systems.
We offer additional value-added programs targeted at alleviating pressure points including a light-duty return-to-work program, Medicare Compliance and Medicare Set-Asides (MSAs) team, Opioid Impact Program, and an Integrated Disability and Workforce Management Program.
Our experienced and well-versed attorneys can guide trucking companies through any business decision, commercial interaction, transaction, legal dispute, or government investigation they may face. We frequently act as a trusted partner to transportation companies, guiding them through, and providing counsel on, a wide range of complex matters they might encounter in the course of conducting their business.
Showing 0 of 0 results
November 21, 2022
November 14, 2022
November 14, 2022
September 27, 2022
September 20, 2022