Goldberg Segalla was founded on April 20, 2001.
We designed our partnership with the most basic, human definition of that word in mind: People, not power plays. Collaboration, not competition. Diversity, not division.
In 20 years, Team GS has grown to over 400 lawyers strong. We serve clients from more than 20 offices across 10 states.
OVER 20 YEARS OF GROWTH
We have never compromised on our founding principles. We have never accepted or even entertained the idea of a merger, and we have never grown for the sake of growth. We have always put our clients and our team first, above any individual goals.
- 2001 – Firm founded with Buffalo office
- 2002 – Albany, Rochester, and White Plains offices opened
- 2006 – Syracuse, Garden City, and Princeton offices opened
- 2007 – Philadelphia office opened
- 2009 – Hartford office opened
- 2012 – Manhattan office opened
- 2014 – Chicago office opened
- 2015 – St. Louis and Greensboro offices opened
- 2016 – Newark, Orlando, Baltimore, West Palm Beach, and Miami offices opened
- 2018 – Los Angeles, Orange County, and Raleigh offices opened
- 2021 – San Francisco office opened
TEAM GS TODAY
We have never grown just to be bigger—we have grown to do more for our clients. With each new addition, Team GS is equipped to do new things, face new challenges, and find new solutions.
Today, we can handle virtually any civil practice need, from complex commercial or liability-related litigation and multijurisdictional transactions to daily risk-management counseling and regulatory guidance. We do all this on a regional, national, or international scale, as our market-leading clients expect.
DEPTH OF EXPERIENCE
- We have litigated cases in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and three Canadian provinces.
- Our attorneys have tried cases in over 30 states and the District of Columbia.
- GS has acted for clients throughout 25 countries in Europe, Asia, and South America.
- Nearly 40 attorneys have tried at least 50 cases.
- Our team speaks over 20 languages, including Albanian, Arabic, Croatian, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Malayalam, Mandarin, Marathi, Norwegian, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, and Urdu.
- Named numerous times by clients among the nation’s top 500 companies as a Go-To Law Firm.
- Earned 29 national and regional rankings in the annual U.S. News—Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” survey for 2020. These include placement in National Tier 1 for Insurance Law as well as 14 Metropolitan Tier 1 rankings spanning New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland, in practices including employment and labor, insurance coverage, personal injury litigation, product liability litigation, and commercial litigation.
- We have been recognized by Chambers USA as among the elite practices and practitioners in areas including commercial litigation, employment and labor, and insurance coverage litigation.
- Named Law Firm of the Year by Reactions, one of the most prominent publications serving the global insurance and reinsurance industry, in its 2014 London Market Awards.
- Three-time finalist for the Intelligent Insurer Best Law Firm distinction.
- More than 50 attorneys listed in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, with placement across more than a dozen categories including employment law, litigation, insurance law, and product liability.
- Over 175 of our attorneys have been designated Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers or Rising Stars, which list only the top 5 percent and 2.5 percent of attorneys, respectively, according to regional peer reviews.
- At least a dozen Team GS lawyers have been 40 Under 40 honorees.
- Nearly 60 members of Team GS have held judicial, appellate, or legislative clerkships.
- Nearly 20 of our attorneys have graduated from Ivy League schools.
- Publicly held and private corporations, many of which are global leaders in their industries
- Several of the world’s top insurers, reinsurers, third-party administrators, and other risk-management entities
- A broad range of professional-service providers; and nonprofit organizations and governmental entities.