Goldberg Segalla was founded on April 20, 2001.
We designed our partnership with the most basic, human definition of that word in mind: People, not power plays. Collaboration, not competition. Diversity, not division.
In a word, collaborative – with our clients and colleagues, across practice groups, industry teams, offices, and more.
Our fierce commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion lets us build stronger teams with a rich mix of experience, talent, and tenacity.
Helping out in the communities we serve – just what you’d expect from a firm built on teamwork and collaboration.
Since our founding, Team GS has grown to over 400 lawyers strong. We serve clients from 22 offices across 10 states.
OVER 20 YEARS OF GROWTH
- 2001 – Firm founded with Buffalo office
- 2002 – Albany, Rochester, and White Plains offices opened
- 2006 – Syracuse, Garden City, and Princeton offices opened
- 2007 – Philadelphia office opened
- 2009 – Hartford office opened
- 2012 – Manhattan office opened
- 2014 – Chicago office opened
- 2015 – St. Louis and Greensboro offices opened
- 2016 – Newark, Orlando, Baltimore, West Palm Beach, and Miami offices opened
- 2018 – Los Angeles, Orange County, and Raleigh offices opened
- 2021 – San Francisco office opened
TEAM GS TODAY
Goldberg Segalla takes a team approach to everything we do – internally and externally. We can handle virtually any civil practice need, from complex commercial or liability-related litigation and multijurisdictional transactions to daily risk-management counseling and regulatory guidance. We have our client’s back, and we have each other’s.
DEPTH OF EXPERIENCE
- We are an Am Law 200 firm, ranked by The American Lawyer as one of the country’s 200 largest
- Our attorneys have litigated cases in all 50 states
- Our attorneys have tried cases in over 30 states and the District of Columbia.
- Our team speaks over 15 languages, including Arabic, Armenian, Bosnian, French, German, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish, and Ukrainian.
- We have been recognized by Chambers USA as among the elite practices and practitioners in areas including commercial litigation, employment and labor, construction, and insurance coverage litigation.
- GS attorneys across the country are recognized as excellent in their fields by peers in the legal community, earning Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings of AV Preeminent as well as Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers recognition, including Ones to Watch, Rising Stars, and Lawyer of the Year designations.
- Construction Executive magazine has repeatedly named Goldberg Segalla as one of the Top 50 Construction Law Firms.
- Our Global Insurance Services practice has earned a National Tier 1 Rating for Insurance law by U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- Leopard Solutions gave us a special shout out as one of the Top 3 Firms in the Top 200 with the highest percent of female partners in its 2023 Leopard Law Firm Index.
- BTI Consulting Group names GS one of the 13 “Best of the Best” firms where women associates report they are well compensated in its report BTI Associate Satisfaction A-Listers 2022: BTI Survey of Law Firms Where Associates are Happiest.
- Publicly held and private corporations, many of which are global leaders in their industries
- Several of the world’s top insurers, reinsurers, third-party administrators, and other risk-management entities
- A broad range of professional-service providers; and nonprofit organizations and governmental entities.