Global Insurance Services
In any insurance dispute, early identification of critical elements is essential, regardless of where a party sits in the insurance pyramid: insurer, excess, cedent, reinsurer or policyholder. Identifying exposure for extra-contractual claims, understanding the timing of responses and investigation, and assessing whether there are global implications of the outcome are just a few of the issues that should be examined.
The attorneys in the Global Insurance Services Group apply their collective experience to identify the key issues that can often make the difference between an average outcome and an excellent result.
Our approach is uncomplicated. We understand that each engagement is unique, and we pride ourselves on working collaboratively with our clients to achieve a cost-effective solution. We start by teaming with our clients to understand what drives a particular insurance dispute, and then we map out a realistic strategy for achieving a resolution. The process may include: a comprehensive audit; policy reviews; regulatory advice; positioning a dispute for resolution at the business level (either through interim funding or non-waiver agreements); negotiations among counsel; mediation; fully involved arbitration; or full involved litigation.
Our attorneys possess comprehensive knowledge of the complexities that frequently arise in insurance disputes. Our group is comprised of dozens of attorneys throughout all of our offices, all seamlessly connected through technology. With this approach, we ensure a cohesive and singular position for clients represented in different venues on similar issues.
Because of our broad base of experience, we consider ourselves uniquely qualified to represent our clients on an international level. Our attorneys:
- Are accomplished speakers and presenters in all arenas of insurance practice
- Regularly educate colleagues and members of the insurance industry
- Include the editor of the renowned Couch on Insurance treatise and authors of the Appleman on Insurance treatise
- Hold key leadership positions in state and national insurance organizations, including the Defense Research Institute, the International Association of Defense Counsel, International Claim Association and the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Publish CaseWatch, a survey on every appellate level insurance coverage decision in the United States
- Publish the Reinsurance Review, providing timely summaries and access to the latest reinsurance law, news and developments worldwide
- Publish the Environmental Coverage Casewatch, and Life, Health and Disability CaseWatch
- Maintain a daily blog entitled the Insurance and Reinsurance Report, focusing on recent insurance decisions
- Earned a Highly Commended ranking in the U.S.–Overall Leaders category in the 2013 Legal Elite, an annual survey conducted by the international publication Intelligent Insurer, and led the firm to a No. 6 rank on Reinsurance magazine’s Power List in 2010
The attorneys at Goldberg Segalla also have extensive experience in many specialized areas of insurance law, allowing us to provide cost-effective counsel for our clients.
- Bad Faith and Extra-Contractual Litigation
- Directors and Officers Liability Coverage
- Environmental and Complex Torts Coverage
- Excess and Surplus Lines
- Fidelity Bonds and Financial Services Insurance
- Insurance Fraud
- Life, Health, Disability, and ERISA
- Professional Liability (Errors and Omissions)
- Property Loss and Business Interruption
- Insurance Regulatory